Why Air Conditioner Repair is Unwise DIY Project
Most people have rare concern over their HVAC system for an entire year until they discern severe problems that require expert attention and air conditioning service fort myers fl. By then, it’s too late to negate higher repair cost from prior maintenance left undone for one day too long. Follow the guide below to glean basic grasp of how routine HVAC care helps you clean up more than indoor air.
Routine HVAC Checkups Clean Up More Than Indoor Air
Furnaces and A/Cs bear largest share of the work to maintain indoor air comfort. Which is why those very same major HVAC units are most vital to maintain properly. Any machine that has internal parts kept clean, well-lubricated and ventilated can be operated at high efficiency with low energy use. An ideal service interlude is just before Spring and Fall reach start. All HVAC checks must include each part below for the show to move along toward more specific forward progress:
• Thermostat Adjustment – optimizes indoor comfort and A/C energy efficiency.
• Electrical Connections Tightening & Inspections – eliminates shock hazards and facilitates system longevity by gauging HVAC motor voltage and current.
• Mobile Parts Lubrication – starts with elimination of frictions that require HVAC motors to use higher energy levels during operation.
• Check & Inspect Condensate Drain – located in A/C units, furnaces and heat pumps operated in cooling mode. Drain clogs can block water pan outflow to cause excessive indoor humidity, structural damage and health risks from airborne pathogen growth.
Outline of A/C Design
• Condenser or Evaporator Coil – will foil low energy bill efforts by forcing an HVAC system to run longer and thus shorten its useful lifespan. Beside that dual evil cruel act, dirty evaporator coils also spoil air purity as ideal places to conceal hazardous microbes in warm, damp spaces. As the supply side of evaporator coils retains contact with hot, moist outside air, dirt that contains mold flows past their internal filters. Microbial soil complicates A/C coil cleaning by sticky waste that creates a biofilm to lock particles onto growing organisms. Some strains of mold grow long stems of hyphae that contain glue to hold its mass together. The fungus is also very hard to remove from metal. The task entails specialized chemical solutions applied to detach biofilm on metal coils with no surface pit damage that accelerates HVAC deterioration and facilitates air contamination from toxic residue.
Mold grows so fast that no A/C coil can last long between routine service visits. Thus, you must clean coils to reduce wear, expert labor and repair costs. BBJ’s MicroCoil Clean® is highly recommended to disrupt mold spore growth. For even more incentive, one PG&E study found 10-ton unit efficiency increase by around 16 percent just from coil cleaning. These savings alone can mean 0 cost for expert labor to clean or replace either A/C coil type.
• Blower Components – must clean and adjust to your home’s indoor airflow and comfort zones. Airflow obstruction alone may reduce A/C efficiency up to 15 percent. Low airflow can also prevent optimized air quality by compromised filter effectiveness from excessive debris buildup.
• Filter & Fan Units – Besides filter maintenance, conduct periodic fan checks must be conducted to ensure blades are dust-free with unobstructed air intake exhaust. Keep furniture or other objects at least five feet away from all central A/C wall vents and air ducts. Also take care to note filter specs that dictate how great indoor air quality can be in your home. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers standards assign all A/C filters an ideal Minimum Efficiency Rating Value of 11. From that starting reference, the general rule of thumb is higher MERV means a filter cleans microscopic particles more efficiently.
Design and construction material also hold major sway. Pleated filters made from cotton fabrics may come with a more upfront cost, but they win the A/C efficiency race in the long run by larger effective surface space.